Creative technology enthusiast, expert developer capable of starting and finishing complex projects, I have been contributing to a large number of enterprise or personal, ambitious programs for more than 20 years. I'm comfortable with both backend and frontend aspects of software in all kinds of deployment scenarios.
My skills range from functional design to management of engineers, through architecture and coding. I have had the chance to work for both small and large companies relying on various project management frameworks.
My functional expertise currently covers Enterprise Content Management, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Dashboarding, Predictive Analytics, Enterprise Performance Management and Resource Planning.
Highly adaptable, I'm a fast learner and can easily enter most technical environments. I love discovering new playgrounds, grasping the bigger picture and simplifying things.
My goal as a technical director is to make customers happy by building highly motivated teams, coaching and mentoring contributors for performance, and ultimately deliver delightful experiences on time and on budget. As such, I enjoy working for companies who have the potential to reach a large audience.
Business Objects (now SAP)
- 2006-2008: As a Development Manager and Architect, responsible for the project setup, architecture, planning and execution of Business Objects Polestar (now rebranded SAP BusinessObjects Explorer), a distributed search and data exploration solution. Managing a team of 10 developers.
- 2004-2006: As an architect, contributed to the architecture, technical design and implementation of BI Modeler, a Business Intelligence rich client tool, part of the BusinessObjects BI Suite. Acted as a fullstack java developer.
- 2001-2004: As a Development Manager, invented a new declarative, decentralized, XML-based resource description language and the corresponding tools in order to improve the efficiency of the packaging process, targeting Windows, Linux and Unix platforms. Responsible for the overall project planning, execution, reporting to stakeholders, deploying the solution, training and supporting users. Managing a team of 4 developers.
- 2000-2001: As a Technical Lead, took over full responsibility of the proprietary software packaging and configuration tools. Corrective maintenance. Management of 1 collaborator.
- 1999-2000: As a Senior Developer, contributed to the hardening phase of BusinessObjects 5.0, the company's flagship reporting solution. Redesigned BusinessQuery, an Excel add-in capable of pulling data from various data sources using BusinessObject's Semantic Layer.